How to keep your carpet looking new
Now that you have your gorgeous new carpet, we recommend spending some time regularly cleaning and maintaining it to keep it looking great and feeling soft. Our experts at Seestedt’s recommend the following steps, which are pretty simple and won’t take up that much of your time. Doing so will result in having a beautiful carpet for many years to come, which will be well worth the investment of time and effort.
- Preventative measures such as avoiding track dirt, dust and mud onto the carpet can go along way in keeping the carpet fresh and clean. Steps such as removing shoes before entering, using door mats, and avoiding eating messy foods that are known to stain are some good first steps.
- For most carpets, regular vacuuming with a manufacturer’s approved appliance is really all it will take to keep the carpet clean. For vacuum cleaning tips for our Shaw Floors carpets, visit this website. (https://shawfloors.com/flooring/how-to/carpet/carpet-care-maintenance/vacuuming-carpet)
- Having your carpet professionally cleaned will go a long way in maintaining their softness. Please keep in mind that before you hire a professional cleaning company, make sure to check with the manufacturer’s cleaning guidelines and always be sure to carefully adhere to their recommendations.
- Inevitably, no matter how careful you are, your carpet will eventually get spilled on, soiled, stained or dirtied. That’s life. Luckily, many of our carpets have built in stain resistant technology which makes cleaning common household messes almost as easy as one, two, three.
- A word of caution: While cleaning up the mess right away is a good idea, we do suggest that you take a moment to establish whether it’s an oil or water based stain and then consult with your manufacturer's guidelines. Different types of stains, for example oil and water based stains, require different types of cleaning approaches.